[llvm-dev] [llvm-c] Retrieving Debug Info from LLVMValueRef

Alex Denisov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 5 13:02:15 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to retrieve debug information using LLVM C API.
I’m especially interested in things like file/directory name and line/column number.

The closest thing I have found so far is a MetadataKind from Metadata class, but looks like it is not accessible through the C API.

So I have two questions:

Is there a way to extract debug info (such as file name, line number, etc.) through the C API?
Is it a good idea to expose MetadataKind values to the C API (i.e. shall I send a patch)?

Thank you.
--
AlexDenisov
Software Engineer, http://lowlevelbits.org