[llvm-dev] RFC: Constant folding math functions for long double

James Molloy via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 4 07:28:25 PDT 2016

Hi Neil,

I admit that at this point I haven't considered the implications of the
license MPFR is under, and at the moment I'm sticking my head in the sand
until and unless we want to go down this path.

My expectation is that we would use their exposed API - so we'd #include
<mpfr.h> and use functions from there, linking against -lmpfr and -lgmp. I
admit that this option would indeed add another dimension to the testing
matrix.

Do you have an alternative solution or a preferred solution of those I
enumerated earlier?

Cheers,

James