[llvm-dev] RFC: Constant folding math functions for long double

Neil Henning via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 4 07:24:47 PDT 2016

Hey James,

I really fundamentally dislike libMPFR.

License of the codebase aside, would a dependency be on the built .so,
or would it be that we'd want to pull in the code and build that?

My worry if we do bring it in even as a soft dependency is how is this
figured out - is it a case that CMake will, if it finds the .so on the
system, use and link against it? I worry that we are introducing another
matrix of potential failures if the lib is present or not.

Cheers,
-Neil.

On 04/04/16 15:19, James Molloy wrote:

    Hi Neil,

     > Please not (1).

    Could you please elaborate on your concern a bit more?

    Cheers,

    James