[llvm-dev] Euro LLVM videos finally online - proposal to use torrents for sharing

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 8 08:35:57 PDT 2015

> On Sep 8, 2015, at 1:29 AM, Yaron Keren via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> It's no magic, to get good download speed with torrents you need many seeders or few seeders with high bandwidth.
> I'm not sure LLVM videos will attract enough interest for many seeders to be online... The easy solution would be to have a LLVM channel with all videos on Youtube which has high qualty CDN.

I’m all for relying on an external CDN, but I also really like to *download* the video, which is a feature unfortunately absent of Youtube.

If we could find a “sponsor” to provide the same kind of hosting as channel9.msdn.com <http://channel9.msdn.com/>, see the download options here for instance: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GoingNative/2013/Inheritance-Is-The-Base-Class-of-Evil <https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GoingNative/2013/Inheritance-Is-The-Base-Class-of-Evil>

—
Mehdi