[llvm-dev] Euro LLVM videos finally online - proposal to use torrents for sharing

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 8 01:58:55 PDT 2015

On 8 September 2015 at 09:50, Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> You could also put them on Amazon S3. S3 supports both direct http downloads
> and bittorrent (can be faster even if you're the only leecher).

We use S3 for other purposes and I'd not recommend it.

> But of course YouTube is free -- and can even make you a few cents from ads.

I'd also avoid having ads. :)

The price we pay is to have youtube shove some other ads, like
"recommended" videos, which is all part of the interface and non
disruptive. I think it's a fair deal.

cheers,
--renato