[llvm-dev] Is there a way to determine what CPU resource is used by which instruction?

Rail Shafigulin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 19 13:20:54 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 1:07 PM, John Criswell <jtcriswel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Rail,
>
> Can you clarify what you mean by "processor resource?"  Are you talking
> about architecture-visible state (like registers) or micro-architecture
> state (like ALUs) that are typically not visible at the ISA-level?
>
> Regards,
>
> John Criswell

John,

Thanks for the reply. I'm talking about micro-architecture state, i.e.
number of ALUs currently available (i.e. that are not preforming any
computation at the moment), number of Load and Store units, number of
floating point multiply and divide units etc.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Thanks