[llvm-dev] RFC: Introducing an LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Joachim Durchholz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 14 15:00:52 PDT 2015

Am 14.10.2015 um 23:23 schrieb Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev:

> I don’t really think how someone is expected to behave should differ
> from in person versus online. So I think the core values of the CoC
> apply to both situations.

Real-world and online personality do differ.
Occasionally this can be quite drastic; I know I'm such a case.

> However, I don’t feel we should have 2 separate code of conducts.

I have come to the same point of view, though maybe through another
avenue: It's simply impractical to draw up two different CoCs. It's
really hard to be sure about which specific clause applies to what comtext.