[llvm-dev] RFC: Introducing an LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 14 14:16:08 PDT 2015

On 14 October 2015 at 21:41, Philip Reames <listmail at philipreames.com> wrote:
> Renato, if I'm reading you right, you're main concern here is the reporting
> policy and consequences thereof right?

Yes.

> Do you feel that Chandler's proposed CoC introduces any new expectations?

My only concern is due to the nature of the decisions that cannot be
appealed. As you said, the "game over" situation prevents learning,
which induces more bad behaviour for lack of knowledge in a spiralling
manner, and leads to permanent actions.

If the CoC had such drastic measures restricted to physical meetings,
it would solve the problem.

I need to sleep now, but I'll add my comments to the review tomorrow morning.

Thank you for being so clear on my own sentiments, I could not have
said it better. :)

cheers,
--renato