[LLVMdev] LLVM IRC channel flooded?

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:39:16 PDT 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:15 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>
wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I know it's a reasonably valuable thing to have the buildbot IRC bot
> publishing results, but the channel is kind of flooded with the
> messages, and the more bots we put up, the worse it will be.
>
> I think we still need the NOC warnings,

NOC?

> but not over IRC. The Buildbot
> NOC page is horrible and useless, since it doesn't know the difference
> between "it's red and I know it" from "it's broken".

What distinction are you drawing there? The difference between freshly red
and previously red?

> For that reason, I have built my own NOC page:
>
> http://people.linaro.org/~renato.golin/llvm/arm-bots/

What does this do differently from the main buildbot page? (other than only
show arm bots?) Is it something we could do to the buildbot page (remove
always-red builders, recategorize flaky/problematic builders so at least
they're off in the "experimental" section, etc)?