[LLVMdev] LLVM IRC channel flooded?

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue May 19 07:15:19 PDT 2015

Folks,

I know it's a reasonably valuable thing to have the buildbot IRC bot
publishing results, but the channel is kind of flooded with the
messages, and the more bots we put up, the worse it will be.

I think we still need the NOC warnings, but not over IRC. The Buildbot
NOC page is horrible and useless, since it doesn't know the difference
between "it's red and I know it" from "it's broken".

For that reason, I have built my own NOC page:

http://people.linaro.org/~renato.golin/llvm/arm-bots/

But that machine is too slow to cope with all bots. We may need a
project to build such a system on a larger scale.

However, for now, I think not printing the green results in IRC would
go a long way of cleaning the channel up.

Any thoughts?

cheers,
--renato