[LLVMdev] [IntrinsicLowering.cpp] How to use LowerIntrinsicCall(..) ?

Jobin, Gaël gael.jobin at switzerlandmail.ch
Mon Mar 30 06:05:56 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm currently trying to implement my own intrinsic that should be
replaced as a function call. I saw the code in
"CodeGen/IntrinsicLowering.cpp" and precisely the method
LowerIntrinsicCall that handle, for example, the llvm.memcpy intrinsic.
But, in "Target/X86/X86FastISel.cpp", the intrinsic llvm.memcpy is also
handled and lowered. I guess that "CodeGen/IntrinsicLowering.cpp" is a
general approach that should work for every backend and the
"Target/X86/X86FastISel.cpp" contains a specific, maybe faster, lowering
implementation for the X86 target?

Unfortunately, my intrinsic lowering implementation in the function
LowerIntrinsicCall of "CodeGen/IntrinsicLowering.cpp" is never called
and Clang give me the following message:

"fatal error: error in backend: Cannot select: intrinsic
%llvm.myintrinsic"

Any idea?

Thank you for your help,

Gaël