[LLVMdev] Non-clang warning cleanliness in the LLVM project

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Fri Mar 27 11:57:07 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 10:31 AM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do people feel about working around this warning so we can keep it
> enabled?

Have we found any bugs with it? It doesn't seem *that* useful.

If we have, I'd rather implement a version in Clang that was crafty and
tried to not fire on template instantiations where it would be noisy.

> How do people feel about disabling this warning?

Unless its finding bugs, sure.

> How do people feel about disabling other non-Clang warnings which have
> false positives?

I'm one of those espousing the policy of disabling warnings that aren't
finding bugs. That's because I never want people to avoid or delay fixing
warnings under the idea that it isn't *really* a problem.