[LLVMdev] Final added to parser<bool>

Simon Atanasyan simon at atanasyan.com
Thu Mar 19 09:27:42 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Reed Kotler <reed.kotler at imgtec.com> wrote:
> I still don't see any justification to making a change in a public interface
> that is used by other non LLVM projects
> to fix some issue with clang warnings. People should be able to derive from
> those classes. I can't understand
> your reasoning as to why these classes must be final.

>From my point of view this class is a good candidate to be final. I
cannot realize a real test case when somebody needs to extend parsing
of boolean command line flags. If MCLinker had been part of the LLVM
project the FalseParser design would not have passed review.

> I was kind of surprised that there are no mclinker build bots that would
> have picked this up right away.

MCLinker does not use LLVM ToT. It migrates to the fresh version of
LLVM from time to time.

Simon Atanasyan