[LLVMdev] Introduction of AArch64/ARM v8.1 extension
vladimir.sukharev at arm.com
Mon Mar 2 03:09:18 PST 2015
I'm going to upstream newly-developed support for AArch64 and ARM backends
for v8.1 architecture extension.
Briefly it is described on
The complete technical manual is available to shortlist of ARM partners but
, unfortunately, official public update of ARM Architecture Reference Manual
for this extension is not issued yet.
This way, my patches going to be an early-access code for the architecture
design, that is strongly believed to be final.
The whole bunch of patches will comprise:
- Some refactoring,
- 5 separate small extensions to AArch64 backend (RDMA, Atomic,
PAN, VHE, LOR)
- 2 separate small extensions for ARM backend (RDMA, PAN),
- Introducing of architecture name (armv8.1-a) and generic cpu name
for llvm (generic-armv8.1-a)
- Introducing of architecture name and generic cpu name for clang.
I've already submitted
- One patch for one extension for AArch64 backend
- One patch for one extension for ARM backend
The following patches will be based on previous, in a chain.
Would you please drop me a hint, whether should I provide the following
- one-by one, every time waiting for approval, optional re-submit
- all patches at a time in a chain, based one upon other, or
- merge all the patches in one huge one
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-dev