[LLVMdev] C as used/implemented in practice: analysis of responses

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:34:32 PDT 2015

Why do you say spin? I'm not making any of this up; there have been
published cases of bugs creeping into code that had worked correctly for
years, without any change to the code itself, because a new version of GCC
started applying a monkey's paw optimisation. That's the sort of thing that
prompted the survey that started this thread.