[LLVMdev] Y.A.Project based on LLVM: ParaSail LLVM-Based compiler

Tucker Taft taft at adacore.com
Sun Feb 15 11:45:52 PST 2015

On 2/15/15 12:42 PM, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Tucker Taft <taft at adacore.com <mailto:taft at adacore.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     ParaSail (http://parasail-lang.org) is a safe pervasively-parallel object-oriented
>     programming language.  Starting in June 2014 we began the construction of an
>     LLVM-based backend for ParaSail.  The existing ParaSail interpreter is broken into a
>     front end that generates instructions for the "ParaSail Virtual Machine" (PSVM), and
>     an interpreter for PSVM instructions.  The LLVM-based backend translates these PSVM
>     instructions into LLVM instructions, and then uses "llc" to generate object code.
>     Parts of the interpreter, essentially the ParaSail run-time support library routines,
>     are linked with the result to form an executable.
>
>     The translator from PSVM to LLVM is itself written in ParaSail, and has been
>     bootstrapped.  The ParaSail Standard Library is also written in ParaSail, and has also
>     been bootstrapped through the LLVM-based compiler.  We are now in the process of
>     tuning the code generation strategies, and in inlining or streamlining parts of the
>     ParaSail run-time support library.
>
>     All ParaSail software is open source, and can be downloaded from
>     http://parasail-lang.org.  There is also a "blog" that documents the design and
>     implementation of ParaSail: http://parasail-programming-__language.blogspot.com
>     <http://parasail-programming-language.blogspot.com>
>
>     Sincerely,
>     -Tucker Taft
>     AdaCore
>     Lexington, MA
>

> The download link page is empty :
>
> https://forge.open-do.org/plugins/moinmoin/parasail/ParaSail

Actually, "http://parasail-lang.org" goes to:

    https://forge.open-do.org/plugins/moinmoin/parasail/

but for some reason the "wiki" server automatically adds clickable links every time it
sees the word "ParaSail" presuming there is a sub-page with that name.  The work-around is
to simply create such a page.  I did so, and made it a copy of the base page for now.

> ( from Fedora 20 x86_64 , Firefox )
>
> Thank you very much .
>
> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

-Tuck