[LLVMdev] Y.A.Project based on LLVM: ParaSail LLVM-Based compiler

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 12:20:23 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Tucker Taft <taft at adacore.com> wrote:

> On 2/15/15 12:42 PM, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Tucker Taft <taft at adacore.com <mailto:
>> taft at adacore.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     ParaSail (http://parasail-lang.org) is a safe pervasively-parallel
>> object-oriented
>>     programming language.  Starting in June 2014 we began the
>> construction of an
>>     LLVM-based backend for ParaSail.  The existing ParaSail interpreter
>> is broken into a
>>     front end that generates instructions for the "ParaSail Virtual
>> Machine" (PSVM), and
>>     an interpreter for PSVM instructions.  The LLVM-based backend
>> translates these PSVM
>>     instructions into LLVM instructions, and then uses "llc" to generate
>> object code.
>>     Parts of the interpreter, essentially the ParaSail run-time support
>> library routines,
>>     are linked with the result to form an executable.
>>
>>     The translator from PSVM to LLVM is itself written in ParaSail, and
>> has been
>>     bootstrapped.  The ParaSail Standard Library is also written in
>> ParaSail, and has also
>>     been bootstrapped through the LLVM-based compiler.  We are now in the
>> process of
>>     tuning the code generation strategies, and in inlining or
>> streamlining parts of the
>>     ParaSail run-time support library.
>>
>>     All ParaSail software is open source, and can be downloaded from
>>     http://parasail-lang.org.  There is also a "blog" that documents the
>> design and
>>     implementation of ParaSail: http://parasail-programming-__
>> language.blogspot.com
>>     <http://parasail-programming-language.blogspot.com>
>>
>>     Sincerely,
>>     -Tucker Taft
>>     AdaCore
>>     Lexington, MA
>>

>> The download link page is empty :
>>
>> https://forge.open-do.org/plugins/moinmoin/parasail/ParaSail
>>

> Actually, "http://parasail-lang.org" goes to:
>
>    https://forge.open-do.org/plugins/moinmoin/parasail/
>
> but for some reason the "wiki" server automatically adds clickable links
> every time it sees the word "ParaSail" presuming there is a sub-page with
> that name.  The work-around is to simply create such a page.  I did so, and
> made it a copy of the base page for now.
>

>> ( from Fedora 20 x86_64 , Firefox )
>>
>> Thank you very much .
>>
>> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
>>

> -Tuck

I has worked  .

I think , the link references are not required in the following sentences
at the end of the page ( or

make a reference to its own page to sentence

"ParaSail, Javallel, and Parython Documentation and Download"

( If such a reference to itself works , I think # is missing in the self
reference . )

) :

"

See the blog <http://parasail-programming-language.blogspot.com> or
download ParaSail
<https://forge.open-do.org/plugins/moinmoin/parasail/ParaSail> (above) for
more examples.
Subject to change. ParaSail
<https://forge.open-do.org/plugins/moinmoin/parasail/ParaSail> is a work in
progress.

"

Another improvement may be to explicitly mention "License" about the works .
Even it is not mentioned in the related Wikipedia page .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk