[LLVMdev] Is "clang -O1" the same as "clang -O0 + opt -O1"?

Yi-Hong Lyu b95705030 at ntu.edu.tw
Mon Feb 9 08:36:01 PST 2015

Hello Hal,

Thansk for your reply. It seems that clang -O1 -mllvm -disable-llvm-optzns
is the same as "clang -O0 -mllvm -disable-llvm-optzns", right? Please tell
me if I have mistake.

Although I use "clang -O0 -mllvm -disable-llvm-optzns + opt -O1", the bug
is still not reproduced. I use "mllvm -debug" to dump the pass manager's
arguments. It seems that the LLVM passes order is different between "clang
-O0 -mllvm -disable-llvm-optzns + opt -O1" and "clang -O1". The bug seems
only occur when I am using "clang -O1". Is there any way to use bugpoint
with clang (embedded bugpoint into clang)?

Thanks a lot.