[llvm-dev] [LLVMdev] [RFC] Developer Policy for LLVM C API

deadal nix via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 16 18:45:22 PDT 2015

Chiming in with http://reviews.llvm.org/D10725

Being able to read and generate IR is at least some very basic thing we can
agree on is needed. Can we get some testing for it ? Personally I don't
really mind if this is going to be stable or not, but at least, having some
test coverage would allow to take whatever path that is going to be taken
willingly.

I'd like also to remind all to not fall into the hypothetical nirvana
fallacy, ie comparing proposed solution with an idealized and unrealized
one. That's a good recipe for endless bikescheding when pretty much
anythign would be better than the status quo.