[LLVMdev] Out-of-tree passes (Was: LLVM Weekly - #43, Oct 27th 2014)

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Mon Oct 27 09:55:25 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Philip Reames <listmail at philipreames.com>
wrote:

> +1 on this.  I use Clang on the release schedule, but our LLVM work tracks
> TOT.  IMHO, trying to do anything else for an embedded compiler in a VM is
> pure folly and will lead to worlds of pain.

Nick Lewycky is currently doing Google's internal Clang releases, and we
actually tag them in svn over here:
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/tags/google/stable/
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/cfe/tags/google/stable/

I would only recommend using this release cadence for Clang if you have the
resources to stay up to date on fallout from warnings, C++ defect reports,
and such. I expect most users aren't willing to deal with that.