[LLVMdev] Why are the tablegen files excluded from source lists/

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 06:55:41 PDT 2014

Kuba,

I think reasonable. I don't check changes on codeblocks, though.

Before we would tweak them to be generic to several IDEs, could you
try my suggestions locally?
You may try to change "if(MSVC_IDE OR XCODE)" to "if(TRUE)" locally ;)

* llvm/CMakeLists.txt:255 LLVM_LIT_ARGS
  It affects "check-*" to run test scripts.
    -s displays colorful progression. This assumes terminal window.
    --no-progress-bar displays simple progression by text.
    Without -s (-v), each test status will be put in console.
  You may examine how to work to set LLVM_LIT_ARGS to arbitrary value.

* llvm/cmake/modules/LLVMProcessSources.cmake:45
  It controls whether to add header files to project files.
  To confirm this, please see LLVMSupport in your project viewer.

* llvm/include/llvm/CMakeLists.txt
  It creates a dummy target, llvm_headers_do_not_build, to the project.

* clang/CMakeLists.txt:295
  It adds clang's public headers to each clang library.
  Note that it would also require to tweak LLVMProcessSources.cmake.

We don't intend to reject Code::Blocks. Simply just no one (in
developers) didn't use one, AFAIK.
Please be patient.

...Takumi