[LLVMdev] Why are the tablegen files excluded from source lists/

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Sat Mar 8 14:52:21 PST 2014

My problem is that the .td and .h files are not shown as sources
in the codeblocks (.cbp) output generated by cmake. I’m consuming
the .cbp file with Qt Creator - it’s seems to be an otherwise
excellent tool for llvm development.

It seems that the culprit is llvm_process_sources
function in cmake/modules/LLVMProcessSources.cmake.

The addition of .td sources and header files is wrapped
in the following conditional:

if( MSVC_IDE OR XCODE )

Is this necessary at all? At least for codeblocks output,
removal of this conditional has no ill effects and adds the
.td and .h files to the sources list.

At the very least, this should be expanded to include codeblocks,
but I don’t know what magical macro is set when producing the .cbp
file.

Are there any cmake outputs where the addition of those extra
sources would be an error?

Cheers, Kuba Ober