[LLVMdev] Random question about the x86 backend (and backends in general I suppose)

Jakob Stoklund Olesen stoklund at 2pi.dk
Tue Jan 7 12:29:12 PST 2014

On Jan 7, 2014, at 10:47 AM, Jakob Stoklund Olesen <stoklund at 2pi.dk> wrote:

> If you clear the guessInstructionProperties flag, it will also refuse to infer flags from patterns, while still verifying the manually specified flags against the patterns when possible.

Sorry, that wasn’t accurate.

With guessInstructionProperties=0, Tablegen will refuse to invent flags out of thin air for instructions that have neither patterns nor explicit flags. It will still infer flags for instructions with patterns and no explicit flags.

It will always complain when flags inferred from patterns are inconsistent with explicit flags.

Thanks,
/jakob