[LLVMdev] dynamic data dependence extraction using llvm

Henry Chung zhguanwen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:08:51 PST 2014

Hi mobi,

Sorry, I am new to clang AST and can not get the point you mentioned. :-(
What I try to do is develop a tool that can analyze data dependence at
runtime. Therefore, I need to analyze trace containing memory accessing
information (eg. arrays within loops). To do that, I first instrument a
recording function to get addresses of load/store instructions. However,
there are 'uninteresting' ld/st instructions, such as load/store
instructions for iteration/index variables, i, j or k. And these
'uninteresting' ld/st instructions will affect my dependence analysis
results.

If clang AST could solve this problem, could you provide more information?

Thanks,
Henry