[LLVMdev] Pseudo load and store instructions for AArch64

Saleem Abdulrasool compnerd at compnerd.org
Tue Aug 26 19:29:32 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 6:01 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>
wrote:

> On 22 August 2014 13:44, Sergey Dmitrouk <sdmitrouk at accesssoftek.com>
> wrote:
> > This is the only way I found to stop Machine Instruction Scheduler from
> > reordering load and store instructions.
>
> I see. Saleem (cc'd) worked on a similar thing for ARM's movh/movt for
> Windows, which also didn't like the reordering. Maybe he can help you.

Sorry, Ive been a bit busy at work :-(.

For Windows on ARM, the movw/movt relocations need to be contiguous.  In
order to accommodate that, we generate a bundle (similar to the VLIW
concept) to treat the pair as a single scheduling entity.

Although, that approach could work, it feels like updating the
LoadStoreOptimizer to deal with the particular case may be a cleaner
approach.

--
Saleem Abdulrasool
compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org