[LLVMdev] C Backend Ressurected

Carback, Richard T., III rcarback at draper.com
Mon Aug 18 07:18:51 PDT 2014

Hi All,

2 of my summer interns (Aimee Dipietro and Greg Simpson) used their time over the summer to resurrect the LLVM C Backend:

https://github.com/draperlaboratory/llvm-cbe

Improvements include recovery of simple for/while loops (instead of goto), better variable naming, inline asm support, and making it work on a more recent version of llvm. I believe they used the repository here as a starting point:

https://github.com/glycerine/llvm/tree/cbe_revival

Feedback is welcomed. I would like to see this feature put back into LLVM, and any help on how to make that happen would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Rick