[LLVMdev] Plans for the Apple supported Darwin buildbot cluster

Chris Matthews chris.matthews at apple.com
Fri Aug 15 11:01:19 PDT 2014

Reply inlined.

> On Aug 15, 2014, at 8:34 AM, Rick Foos <rfoos at codeaurora.org> wrote:
>
> I'd be interested in seeing what you have planned upstreamed. I've used Jenkins on several projects.
>
> Will Zorg be a vehicle for transition, where buildbot slaves become Jenkins nodes defined in the project files?

This is only the Darwin cluster we are talking about. Since we are planning a hardware refresh, we won’t be switching any slaves.  Just bringing up a new system in parallel.  I have not talked with anyone about anything going into zorg yet, but most of our Projects get covered into shell or python scripts, so it makes sense for those to live somewhere in zorg.

> Do you see a majority of this this as a jenkins matrix project, or some other organization?

Probably parametrized builds for the compilers, and matrix for LNT jobs.  To reduce the email on bad builds we always pipeline builds, and I’m not sure if matrix builds are going to work well in the pipeline.