[LLVMdev] request for tutorial

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Sep 25 04:02:01 PDT 2013

On 25 September 2013 11:50, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info>wrote:

> I asked for this several times and the conclusion was "no, what for,
> we have plenty of other backends in the tree which can be thought as
> examples". IMHO, it will be nice thing to have though...

I think that it would be fine as long as we have two conditions:
 * Fixes on other back-ends that break the dummy tests are allowed to
disable them
 * Code owners will fix the broken tests on a timely basis

If most/all tests end up disabled because they all break, then it'd be good
to remove from the tree, since the code owners are not doing their job
right.

Would also be good to get bugs created for each test other people disable,
so we could prioritize the changes.

I don't know much about that back-end, but I'd really wanted to learn
building one from scratch, so I could help you on the bug-fixing and adding
lots of comments to help guide folks through the changes, but I can't be
the sole owner, as I know nothing about it. ;)

cheers,
--renato