[LLVMdev] request for tutorial

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Sep 25 00:55:30 PDT 2013

On 25 September 2013 08:48, David Chisnall <David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk>wrote:

> It would be nice if a stub backend could be committed to the tree and so
> it would stay up to date with changes...

That is a good idea.

The caveat is that people needing quick changes to their backends (for
fixing buildbots, for instance) would have the chance to break the dummy
back-end and slow down bug-fixing, or end up disabling some tests on the
dummy backend just to fix the problem. I can't predict how much of it will
actually impact day-to-day development, but it'd be crucial to have some
code owner that would keep it tidy and relevant.

Anton,

I've forked your repository in GitHub and I'll give it a try to make it
work on the new LLVM, but if you have some time, feel free to do it, too. ;)

cheers,
--renato