[LLVMdev] Issues with test framework as seen from OpenBSD buildslave

Brad Smith brad at comstyle.com
Thu Sep 12 17:22:01 PDT 2013

On 12/09/13 7:32 PM, Brad Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So now that the OpenBSD buildslave has been upgraded with enough memory
> to allow the build to finish I have noticed some issues with the test
> framework and was wondering if anyone could comment on what has shown up
> and/or anyone who is familiar with the framework could provide patches
> to fix the issues.
>
> For sed and head the tests are using command line options which are not
> specified by POSIX.
>

> PASS: LLVM :: Transforms/InstCombine/pr8547.ll (13681 of 15428)
> PASS: LLVM :: Transforms/InstCombine/preserve-sminmax.ll (13682 of 15428)
> Killed
> make[1]: *** [check-local-all] Error 137
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/buildbot-llvm/clang-openbsd/llvm/test'
> make: *** [check-all] Error 2

Interesting... with the buildslave catching up since it was down for
awhile I noticed another run of the test framework proceed further and
now gets to the end with...

PASS: LLVM-Unit ::
Transforms/Utils/Release+Asserts/UtilsTests/SpecialCaseListTest.ModuleIsIn
(15428 of 15429)
PASS: LLVM-Unit ::
Transforms/Utils/Release+Asserts/UtilsTests/SpecialCaseListTest.Substring (15429
of 15429)

1 warning(s) in tests.
Testing Time: 2462.87s
********************
Failing Tests (4):
     Clang Tools :: clang-modernize/HeaderReplacements/main.cpp
     LLVM :: Object/directory.ll
     LLVM :: Transforms/GCOVProfiling/version.ll
     LLVM :: Transforms/LoopStrengthReduce/pr2570.ll

   Expected Passes    : 15321
   Expected Failures  : 71
   Unsupported Tests  : 33
   Unexpected Failures: 4