[LLVMdev] Intel Memory Protection Extensions (and types question)

Nadav Rotem nrotem at apple.com
Mon Sep 9 13:19:44 PDT 2013

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for working on this.  We usually try really hard to avoid adding new types such as x86mmx.  I don’t know the memory-protection instruction set at all but I imagine that you are not expecting other LLVM optimizations to interact with them right ? (it looks that way from this example[1]).  If you are not accessing the individual components then you can use i128, or even <2 x i64>.

Thanks,
Nadav

[1] http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2013/07/22/intel-memory-protection-extensions-intel-mpx-support-in-the-gnu-toolchain