[LLVMdev] post-link Dwarf information appears wrong, works in JIT

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 21:51:04 PDT 2013

On Oct 17, 2013, at 9:37 PM, edA-qa mort-ora-y <eda-qa at disemia.com> wrote:

> I added several more clauses to see the result. It looks like the
> landing pad information is generated correctly: I get the correct number
> of action records, each record has a reasonable index into the type
> table (from 1 to 9). The encoded address increment in 4 however, which
> is unexpected since they are size 8 (in the JIT they increment by 8).
> Whatever is causing that may also be responsible for the type table
> address being incorrect.
>
> It's the same IR code, so I presume there's something wrong with the
> linking via gcc.

I'm dubious that it's a linking problem. These are in their own section and should be aligned correctly. You might be reduced to stepping through the unwinding library with your debugger (I have battle stories about doing that). You can find out what the personality function is really reading and if it's unaligned or just garbage data or something...

-bw