[LLVMdev] "Mapping High-Level Constructs to LLVM IR" Github URL

Carlo Kok ck at remobjects.com
Fri Nov 29 03:23:52 PST 2013

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 03:07:32 +0100, Mikael Lyngvig <mikael at lyngvig.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It will probably take a few weeks or a month before the "Mapping
> High-Level Constructs to LLVM IR" document is ready for prime time.
> Until then, you >can review and study it at this URL:
>
>    https://github.com/archfrog/llvm-doc/blob/master/MappingHighLevelConstructsToLLVMIR.rst
>

> Please notice that I specifically do not advocate reviewing the document
> for a week or two.  But feel free to give me any feedback, comments, and
> >criticism that you may have to share.
> Once the document has been finalized and comitted to LLVM, I'll delete
> the repository at Github - or, perhaps even better, simply make a small
> page that >refers to the official copy in LLVM.

For the section on lambdas: There's a better way than using
llvm.frameaddress: move all the locals used in the lambda in a struct (and
make the container function use that structs values instead of a regular
local), then pass the address of the struct to the lambda as a "this".
This is how objc for example passes things to a block (although objc does
ref counting in addition to that so the block can be used after the
original returned)

--
Carlo Kok
RemObjects Software