[LLVMdev] Quad-Core ARMv7 Build Slave Seeks Noble Purpose

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Sat Nov 16 21:15:59 PST 2013

I finally got it to work - and my ODROID-XU is now a passive member of the
LLVM builder society for the next week or so, until it has proven itself
(it monitors changes to the SVN repository and builds in my end without
bothering anyone at LLVM.org about its findings).  I did write up a "short"
treatise on how to do it, in case anybody needs to do this sometime in the
future.  I expect it to be finished with the final steps of how to link
into Zorg, once I get that far.

http://llvm.lyngvig.org/Articles/How-to-Setup-an-Arch-Linux-Buildbot-for-LLVM

The trickiest part is that Arch Linux comes with Buildbot v0.8.8 and LLVM
uses v0.8.5.  So I had to resort to using a virtual environment and install
v0.8.5 instead of v0.8.8.

The next two pending projects are:

   1. To set up my Mac Mini G4 (PowerPC)/Debian to build and test LLD.
 Several felt that it needed big-endian testing, so that's what that box
will do.
   2. To set up my BeagleBone Black to do something useful, whatever that
is.  Perhaps it can do an LLD build too, as several requested an ARM
build/test of LLD.

-- Mikael