[LLVMdev] Quad-Core ARMv7 Build Slave Seeks Noble Purpose

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Nov 14 14:56:08 PST 2013

On 14 November 2013 17:43, Mikael Lyngvig <mikael at lyngvig.org> wrote:

> Renato, thanks for your elaborate walk-through of the issues with ARM
> boards.  I'm trying to add some of this to the "How to Build on ARM"
> document and will submit a patch later on.

Nice, thanks! That would be great!

Unfortunately, my personal budget does not allow me more than a single
> Odroid XU board for the time being.  So I'll have to do with only one
> board.  I happen to have an eMMC card and it is fairly fast.

That's good. Still, I'd have it running locally on your master for a week
or so, just to make sure it's stable enough.

To create a local master you need to read this doc:

https://buildbot.readthedocs.org/en/v0.8.6/manual/installation.html

And add Zorg to your master. The way I did was to create a master on
buildbot's user dir, (buildbot create-master ~/buildmaster/llvm), checkout
zorg, symlink the master/builders configs from zorg into the buildmaster
dir, symlink the zorg's Python module into /lib/python2.7/whatever (can't
remember), and start the master via (buildbot master start).

Then, I'd create two buildslaves on the board, one in ~/localbot and one in
~/buildbot, with the former pointing to your local master and the latter
pointing to LLVM's official master, so that it's easy for you to swap. (
http://llvm.org/docs/HowToAddABuilder.html)

On the master, I stripped down all builders from the config and only left
my own boards, so that I don't clutter the waterfall/builders page.

 By the way, how do you set the CPU scheduler to "performance" (procfs
> something?).  Just so that it can be added to the docs.

for ((cpu=0; cpu<`grep -c proc /proc/cpuinfo`; cpu++)); do
  sudo sudo cpufreq-set -c $cpu -g performance
done

cheers,
--renato