[LLVMdev] compiler-rt tests in cmake?

Alexey Samsonov samsonov at google.com
Wed May 22 21:39:24 PDT 2013

Hi!

The docs look strange to me - I don't indeed see any CMake support for
running compiler-rt tests.
Probably compiler-rt folks can comment on this...
I think you should run compilert-rt tests manually by smth. like
compiler-rt/test/Unit/test.

CMake build system is able of running a bunch of sanitizer tests
(AddressSanitizer, ThreadSanitizer etc.), and it assumes that
compiler-rt is checked out to llvm/projects/compiler-rt. Apparently, this
is a problem. There was a patch that tried to address this, but
it never got committed.

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Greg Fitzgerald <garious at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody working on porting the compiler-rt tests to cmake?
>
> The online documentation shows a preference for cmake and ctest, but the
> CMakeLists file has the comment "Currently the tests have not been ported
> to CMake, so disable this directory."  How should we be running the test
> suite?
>
> http://compiler-rt.llvm.org/
>
> My immediate issue is that "make check-all" fails in the cmake build when
> compiler-rt is outside the projects directory.  When I point to compiler-rt
> with LLVM_EXTERNAL_COMPILER_RT_SOURCE_DIR, lit still looks for
> lit.common.cfg within "projects/compiler-rt" instead of the external
> directory.  I use similar CMake variables for Clang and Polly and have had
> no trouble.  Any recommendations for how to fix?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Alexey Samsonov, MSK