[LLVMdev] Deprecating autoconf/make?

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Wed May 22 19:15:22 PDT 2013

> Can anyone see good a reason not to move to cmake as our only build
> configuration system and drop future support for autoconf + makefiles
> now that 3.3 has branched?

I know of a small bug (pr14189) which breaks LTO and a bigger one:
when building compiler-rt the host compiler is used.

For these reasons I currently uses cmake for day to day development
but have to use configure to build the clang as I use as my system
compiler. If those issues are fixable, I would love to let autotools
go.

Cheers,
Rafael