[LLVMdev] Help with LLVM 3.2 linking error

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Wed Mar 20 06:59:15 PDT 2013

Nicola Gigante <nicola.gigante at gmail.com> writes:

>> Adding an option for enabling RTTI on the cmake build is trivial. Dunno
>> about the `configure' build. You can try filing a feature request on
>> Bugzilla.
>
> Ok, I've managed to refactor some code and remove uses of dynamic_cast.
> Making my project work without rtti is a good thing anyway, but I'm curious
> about why this problem didn't arised months ago with previours llvm versions...

A quick look at the VC history of lib/Support/Makefile explains it:

commit 475832cc0fbf622dfe1db484c2db57cc2d97a530
Author: Joerg Sonnenberger
Date:   Fri Oct 26 12:15:29 2012 +0000

    Don't explicitly require RTTI and EH.

    git-svn-id: https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk@166772 91177308-0d34-0410-b5e6-96231b3b80d8

That means that until that change LLVMSupport library was compiled with
RTTI and EH on.