[LLVMdev] Disabling ExecutionEngine tests for Hexagon

Jyotsna Verma jverma at codeaurora.org
Wed Mar 13 00:15:05 PDT 2013

>Since MCJIT works on x86, please don't remove it from the supported
>platforms list. One downside of using the macro trick is that the test
names
>are still printed even when they are disabled. It sounds like you need to
>modify the macro to also check for the target triple as well...

This was just a temporary change to see how it works.

>There isn't anything in MCJIT as far as I know that prevents cross
compilation.
>That said, the SectionMemoryManager that's used by the unit tests doesn't
>support remote execution. However, the RemoteMemoryManager has been
>improving lately; it could foreseeably be used to add remote execution
>support to the tests.

That explains why MCJIT test executable
(build/unittests/ExecutionEngine/MCJIT/MCJITTests) was an X86 binary in my
case. It appears to me that these tests will always fail for
cross-compilation unless modified for remote execution.

I noticed "TARGET_HAS_JIT" flag in Makefile.config. Can I use this flag to
exclude MCJIT and JIT tests when not set? This will be a simpler change than
modifying the macro.

Thanks,
Jyotsna