[LLVMdev] Disabling ExecutionEngine tests for Hexagon

Malea, Daniel daniel.malea at intel.com
Tue Mar 12 13:51:43 PDT 2013

On 2013-03-12 1:28 AM, "Jyotsna Verma" <jverma at codeaurora.org> wrote:

>Thanks Dan!
>
>The ArchSupportMCJIT() functions in
>unittests/ExecutionEngine/MCJIT/MCJITTestBase.h uses "Host Triple" to
>check
>for compatibility. Since we cross-compile on X86, "Host Triple" for us
>will
>be "X86" which is a supported architecture. I tried removing it  from the
>supported arch list but didn't see any effect.

Since MCJIT works on x86, please don't remove it from the supported
platforms list. One downside of using the macro trick is that the test
names are still printed even when they are disabled. It sounds like you
need to modify the macro to also check for the target triple as well...

>I was just wondering if these tests are meant to work for any of the
>cross-compiled targets. If not, then we can probably enable them only when
>Host and Target Triples are same and the host architecture is in the
>supported list.

There isn't anything in MCJIT as far as I know that prevents cross
compilation. That said, the SectionMemoryManager that's used by the unit
tests doesn't support remote execution. However, the RemoteMemoryManager
has been improving lately; it could foreseeably be used to add remote
execution support to the tests.