[LLVMdev] test-suite and lnt

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Mon Jun 17 20:29:28 PDT 2013

On 06/17/2013 01:02 PM, Renato Golin wrote:
> On 17 June 2013 19:01, Daniel Dunbar <daniel at zuster.org
> <mailto:daniel at zuster.org>> wrote:
>
>     There are several individual users who still use the full Makefile
>     infrastructure. I think we pretty much use LNT exclusively for
>     automated runs now, but for development purposes the Makefile
>     setup still has various features that make it more amenable to
>     incremental development.

We have been having good luck using lnt with real hardware but there are
some bugs/limitations that prevent us from using it with qemu user mode.

I've filed the bugs against LNT.

The main one is that it creates a target timeit function that is
compiled for the target, whereas for qemu user mode it must be compiled
for the host.

Using the old makefiles, I can do what I need for now.

https://dmz-portal.mips.com/wiki/Building_test-suite_and_running_it_under_Qemu