[LLVMdev] Stub function generation in MCJIT using lli.

sumeeth kc sumeethkc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:54:48 PST 2013

Hi all,

I am new to LLVM so I apologize if my question seem lame to you.

I was trying to understand the way in which MCJIT generates the stub
functions when it encounters any functions which are not compiled yet. As
far as I have looked into the code, the probable code which can do this is

void *JIT::getPointerToFunctionOrStub and this is in JITEmitter under JIT.

I may be wrong here though. Could you please give a brief overview how the
stub functions are generated? Also, how does the original function when it
is compiled is put in place of the stub?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sumeeth