[LLVMdev] Running a Local Buildbot

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:17:35 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM,  <dag at cray.com> wrote:
> Hopefully we can just integreate into osuosl but we might not be able to
> due to security considerations, among other things.

The best way is to integrate into the regular lab.llvm.org.  I don't
think there's a way to re-export results from other buildmaster.

> Our machine might not be able to keep up with a build for every commit
> but could do regular timed builds.  The blame list won't be as precise
> but at least we'll all know if something goes wrong.

Honestly, running a fast buildbot is not rocket science, it is just
things done right.  clang-x86_64-debian-fast buildbot is just Intel(R)
Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz with 8 Gb of RAM and a "green" series
HDD -- just regular off-the-shelf hardware.  Without any tweaks it
does a build in 9min.  With ccache (nothing fancy -- apt-get install
ccache, set CC/CXX variables), time drops to 1:50--3:00 min on
average.

Also, you don't need to do a 2-step bootstrap to catch warnings from
gcc.  You also don't need a debug build, just an optimized one --
since it is faster to link, and gcc emits more warnings when
optimization is no.

Dmitri