[LLVMdev] -V error

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Thu Jan 24 19:16:03 PST 2013

On 1/24/2013 9:02 PM, reed kotler wrote:
> When I build llvm using llvm/clang as opposed to gcc I get the following:
>
> configure:2921: $? = 0
> configure:2928: /home/rkotler/myclang/bin/clang++ -V >&5
> clang: error: argument to '-V' is missing (expected 1 value)
> clang: error: no input files
> configure:2931: $? = 1
> configure:2934: checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler

I suppose it was meant to behave as the corresponding GCC option:

  -V version
      The argument version specifies which version of GCC to run.  This
      is useful when multiple versions are installed.  For example, ver-
      sion might be 4.0, meaning to run GCC version 4.0.

Although the .td file from the clang driver seems to suggest that it's
not supported (although recognized).

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation