[LLVMdev] LLVM-GCC and eclipse

Jafar J pluck90 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:31:25 PST 2013

Hello,

I know that this question is off-topic for the llvm mailing list but I did a lot o search to find an answer, posted questions on other sites and it’s still now working so I decided to post my question here. So, I would really appreciate the help.

I’m using llvm-gcc 4.2-2.9 front-end with llvm 2.9 back-end. For about seven months now I’ve been doing the development using text viewers, building the compiler using the terminal and debugging the code using print statements “you could probably imagine what kind of pain the could be”.

Here’s what I need help with. How do I integrate llvm and llvm-gcc into an Eclipse Juno IDE?

I’m interested in building the code from inside eclipse, code completion and run-time debugging. I already tried integrating it but it didn’t work out. If there’s some kind of step-by-step document I’d be glad to read it. I already read the related post about this subject on the dev-list but they didn’t help me with everything, so If it’s not any trouble could you be specific on how to do that, I’m kind of new to using linux environment. If it makes any different I’m using Ubuntu 10.10.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate the help.

Regards,
    - Jafar Jamal.