[LLVMdev] How to get the debug information for an LLVM IR type?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Sun Jan 20 20:51:17 PST 2013

Hi Pei Wang,

On 19/01/13 22:34, Pei Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am now trying to do some code analysis and need to get the debug information
> of the LLVM IR type encountered in the bitcode.

I don't think this is going to work, because many different types in the
original language map to the same LLVM IR type.  For example the C types "int"
and "unsigned" both become "i32" in LLVM.  Yet "int" and "unsigned" have
different debug info AFAIK, so which debug info should "i32"  be mapped too?

Ciao, Duncan.