[LLVMdev] DFAPacketizer

Jonas Paulsson jonas.paulsson at ericsson.com
Mon Feb 11 09:16:13 PST 2013

Hi,

I am having problems writing the ProcessorItineraries list. As instructions on my VLIW target have varying size I want to model both cpu units and bundle bits as FUs. The following does not work, to my surprise:

InstrItinData<ALU,  [InstrStage<1, [BITS1,BITS2, BITS3, BITS4], 0>,
                               InstrStage<1, [ALU1, ALU2]>]>

I want to express that there are two ALU's, and four bundle slots, and in this case while allocating this type of instructions several times, I would like to be allowed only two such instructions per cycle.

ResourceTracker->reserveResources();
ResourceTracker->reserveResources();
ResourceTracker->reserveResources();
ResourceTracker->reserveResources();
ResourceTracker->reserveResources();
DFAPacketizer.cpp:84: void llvm::DFAPacketizer::reserveResources(const llvm::MCInstrDesc*): Assertion `CachedTable.count(StateTrans) != 0' failed.

It seems to not want to worry about the alu's, but it is fine as long as there are any FU of the first row (BITS) available.

What is missing?

Thanks,

Jonas Paulsson