[LLVMdev] running clang format on the Mips target

Reed Kotler Reed.Kotler at imgtec.com
Sat Dec 21 11:20:14 PST 2013

Hi David,

What kind of  "a lot of out-of-tree changes"?

You should push changes incrementally as you do work. Holding onto changes means that many things,
not just reformatting, can make them need to be redone.  We frequently clean up and rewrite
code to make it cleaner and easier to maintain.

We are moving to a more strict internal review and pushing of changes and post commit reviewing.

It takes time to review and respond to comments on formatting issues; time that would be better spent doing new work.

So we would like to have robots, i.e. clang format, do this checking and such.

I would recommend that you start to submit your patches for review.

Reed