[LLVMdev] [lld] -emit-yaml doesnot contain linker added symbols specified with command line options

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Wed Aug 28 14:44:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

Right now, linker added symbols specified by the -u option do not endup
in the output YAML file.

This is because the target specific Writers dont get called, which
creates the undefined atoms.

I am in the process of adding more options and I would like the atoms
created internally by the options available in the output YAML file.

The options that I am trying to consider for the linker internal atoms
to appear in the output YAML file are :-

a) Replace Writer::addFiles to Reader::addFiles

This would achieve any file to be added to the list of input files that
is processed.

                               (or)
b) Create a seperate API in the inputGraph for the driver to add
lld::Files, that are consumed by the Universal driver and that gets
added to the list of File objects that is being considered

                               (or)

c) Handle all the command line switches of -u or any atoms that we want
to see them appear in the YAML file as a seperate pass.

I dont like the option (c), because we are using a hammer to kill this
problem.

Thanks

Shankar Easwaran
--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation