[LLVMdev] LNT ClamAV - Sorting output

Redmond, Paul paul.redmond at intel.com
Mon Apr 22 08:57:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 2013-04-19, at 4:41 PM, Sean Silva wrote:

> A simple benchmark that we run "all the time" is how long it takes for us to compile ourselves. Do we track this?

I recently wrote a simple script to help compare compile time against gcc. The script works as a wrapper around clang++ that compiles multiple times and reports the average time.

I use the script by setting CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=cctime.py and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ARG1=/path/to/clang then run make.

The script could be modified and improved to generate a json file to be submitted to lnt.

Anyway, the script is attached if anyone is interested.

paul